My latest book is available for pre-order. Woohoo!
As I explain on the book’s web page, Lies, Damned Lies & Internships: The Truth About Getting from Classroom to Cubicle examines the condition of internships in today’s economy – and tackles the good, bad, and ugly.
Specifically, here’s an outline of the book:
- Chapter 1: Recent Controversies Surrounding Internships
- Chapter 2: The Importance of Internships
- Chapter 3: Characteristics of a Good Internship Program
- Chapter 4: How to Create an Internship Program
- Chapter 5: Current Problems & Possible Solutions
- Chapter 6: When Internships Go Bad
- Chapter 7: Interns: How to Turn Your Internship into a Full-Time Position
- Chapter 8: Employers: How to Turn Your Interns into Full-Time Employees
As you can hopefully tell, this book doesn’t just appeal to interns (or intern candidates). It’s also meant for legislators, employers, universities, and parents. Want a preview? I’ve uploaded the foreword and introduction to Slideshare.
Lies, Damned Lies & Internships will only be available as an eBook (PDF, Kindle, Nook, Kobo, etc.). Why? Because information in the careers space changes fast — and I want to be able to bring you the latest. And the books are cheaper for readers, kills fewer trees, etc.
Keep checking the book’s web page for more information. I’ll soon be adding links to Amazon, etc., as well as a link to the book’s Facebook page so we can have an ongoing discussion about the topic of internships. Who knows, maybe you’ll be included in the next version!
Journalists & Bloggers: Click here to sign up to receive a complimentary review copy when it becomes available.