These days, going to college and getting that coveted degree may not be enough to land you your dream career. In reality, the job market is so saturated with competition that internships are the latest rung on the ladder leading to the entry-level job. But, have the stereotypes of interns going on coffee runs, making copies, and not getting paid been greatly exaggerated–and even tarnished the process?
There are a lot of misconceptions about–and controversies surrounding–internships, mostly negative for both the intern and the employer. In fact, internships have essentially become nothing more than a “necessary evil” to many. Let’s face it: The system is broken and needs to be repaired.
In Lies, Damned Lies & Internships: The Truth About Getting from Classroom to Cubicle, five-time intern, career expert, and experienced hiring manager Heather R. Huhman discusses:
- Recent controversies surrounding internships
- The importance of internships
- Characteristics of a good internship program
- How to create an internship program
- Current problems and possible solutions
- An analysis of “internships gone bad”
- How to turn an internship into full-time employment
- How to turn interns into full-time employees
Click here for a free copy of the introduction.
- Directly from my publisher, Happy About
- Amazon (Request my Kindlegraph!)
- Barnes & Noble (coming soon!)
Join the Conversation
Are You a Journalist or Blogger?
Click here to sign up to receive a complimentary review copy when it becomes available.
- Read the press release
- About Heather R. Huhman
- Read the introduction
- Q&A with author Heather R. Huhman
- Discussion questions
- Book’s cover image (right-click to save)
- Photo of Heather R. Huhman (right-click to save)
- Heather’s other books
- Click to tweet about Lies, Damned Lies & Internships
Please send interview requests to email@example.com.