Starting next Friday, I’m going to be rewarding HeatherHuhman.com commenters. (Thanks to Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett for the inspiration!) The prize? If you’re (randomly) chosen, I will profile you.
The “rules” are pretty simple:
- Comment on HeatherHuhman.com between Thursday and Wednesday. (Confused? This week, for example, would be May 13 through May 19.)
- If you’re chosen, I’ll contact you sometime on Wednesday with a questionnaire.
- Get the questionnaire back to me sometime on Thursday.
- Your profile goes live on Friday (and is also pushed out to my Twitterstream at least once).
Why am I doing this? Because I want to build more of a community. And I want to get to know you better. Of course, there’s always my mission of helping people land jobs, too.
So you can be prepared when you receive an e-mail from me on a Wednesday in the near future, here’s what I’ll be requesting:
- Please provide me with a (reasonably) professional headshot.
- The school you are attending (or graduated from) and your graduation year.
- The degree you are earning or already earned (i.e., B.A. in communication).
- Your one-paragraph pitch. Be creative! It can be no longer than five sentences long.
- Three words current or previous employers would use (or have used) to describe you. Not two, not four — three.
- A description of your ideal job. Again, it can be no longer than five sentences.
- A link to one social networking site, blog, online portfolio, etc. Just one.
- The best way for employers to contact you, such as an e-mail address or a link to a contact form.
I look forward to your comments and learning more about each of you. The series will start next week.