The only topic I currently cover is infertility. Here are the areas of expertise I’m seeking:
- Donor eggs
- Donor embryos
- Donor sperm
- Financial planning (with knowledge of infertility-related expenses preferred)
- Genetic counseling
- High-risk pregnancy
- Ins and outs of the NICU (with knowledge of the infertility process preferred)
- Navigating infertility as a member of the military
- Navigating insurance coverage
- Obstetrics and gynecology (with special interest in infertility preferred)
- Online and offline networking (with knowledge of the infertility process preferred)
- Oriental reproductive medicine
- Parenting after infertility
- Patient advocacy (with specialty in infertility preferred)
- Personal and professional development (with knowledge of the infertility process preferred)
- Psychotherapy (with specialty in infertility)
- Relationships (with knowledge of the infertility process preferred)
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Reproductive urology
- Self-advocacy (with knowledge of the infertility process preferred)
- Workplace issues (with knowledge of the infertility process preferred)
I host the twice-weekly podcast Beat Infertility, which features patient stories every Monday and interviews with subject matter experts every Friday.
- I am most interested in patient stories, whether they have succeeded in building their families or are still trying to add their first child. To submit a patient story for consideration, click here. (Select the ‘I’ve beaten infertility…’ option for success stories and the ‘I’m still on my infertility journey…’ option for those still trying for their first child.)
- I am also interested in subject matter experts. Although preference is always given to those who’ve been through infertility themselves, that is not a requirement. I cover infertility from every angle imaginable, so experts need not be reproductive endocrinologists! Examples include psychotherapists, acupuncturists, financial advisors, etc. Please note: At this time, I am not accepting pitches from fertility coaches. To submit a subject matter expert for consideration, click here. (Select the ‘I’m a guest expert…’ option.) But first, please thoroughly check past episodes to make sure you’re suggesting a unique topic or angle.
- If I’m interested in your pitch, I will reply to your submission. There is no need to follow up. Please please please do not follow up.
- Keep in mind that I plan my editorial calendar months in advance — typically 2-3 months for patient stories and 4-5 months for subject matter experts. Please plan accordingly!
- Do not call me unless it is a call I’ve specifically requested. Seriously, just don’t.
- Do not mail me an unsolicited copy of your author’s book. Like other subject matter experts, please reach out to me first by selecting the ‘I’m a guest expert…’ option here, and be prepared to send me an electronic copy (Kindle version preferred) in addition to a hardcopy. Please note: I do not write book reviews.
- If you have a question not addressed here, please feel free to email me directly at email@example.com. However, all patient story and subject matter expert pitches should be submitted as outlined above.